I have heard experts saying that baking is an art which needs perfection which comes with practice and time. Well i have been the kind of person who wants the recipe to turn out exactly perfect even if m trying it for the first time. 😂
I came across this recipe while surfing on Internet. Even on my first try it came out so well that even I couldn’t believe myself that I made it. Without further ado below is the Lemon Tea Cake.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar (powdered)
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter or cooking oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 190° C.
- Mist oil 15 cup of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whilsk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice, vanilla essence and salt until well blended.
- Add oil/ butter into egg mixture.
- Mix together baking powder and flour. Fold it with the help of spatula in egg mixture until just incorporated. Don’t use beater, whisk or over mixing the batter
- Divide batter among cups filling each about halfway.
- Bake until cakes have risen and turned golden in about 10 minutes.
Preparation time of recipe is hardly 10 mins and bake time is 11 minutes.
Batter makes approximately 15 cup cakes.
I like to bake it in my bread loaf tin and serve it in slices.
If you try it please comment below and share your experience. I hope you like it a much as I did. 🙂